Transition into EYFS
The Transition into the Early Years Foundation Stage is a landmark event for children and can have a huge impact on their social, emotional and academic development. At Samuel Ryder Academy, we value the importance of working collaboratively with children, practitioners and families to aid smooth and successful transitions into our school. The following is a list of events that we offer to support the transitional process.
- Nursery Visits by EYFS Team
- Home Visits by EYFS Team
- New to EYFS Parents Welcome Evening & Welcome Induction Pack
- Teddy Bear’s Picnic
- Opportunity to explore the setting with parents/carers
- Opportunities to attend school events
- Staggered start during the first two weeks of school
Any requests for an In Year transfer should be made to the school via the Admissions Office at Samuel Ryder Academy or on the application form which can be found on the school's website.
In Year places will be allocated to students strictly in accordance with our admissions criteria and the Admissions code.