Code of conduct
Student Code of Conduct
We want Samuel Ryder Academy to be a happy and peaceful community in which to learn. Our Code of Conduct is designed to help students understand what we mean by this. It is not an exhaustive list of aspirations and things to avoid; instead it outlines key points so students have clear examples of what we expect from them.
Students have the right to:
- learn without disruption
- be free from bullying of any kind
- feel safe
- enjoy equal opportunities
- exist within the school without fear of prejudice of any kind from any member of the community.
The school community will not tolerate:
- bullying of any kind
- any type of violence
- vandalism, graffiti, or litter
- cruel or insensitive behaviour
- possession of or dealing in drugs or alcohol
- smoking cigarettes
- misuse of solvents
- any signs of disrespect from any member of the community
- arriving late to school or to lessons
- leaving the school without permission or missing lessons.
In our school we will try to:
- respect ourselves
- respect each other
- do our best
- act with honesty and responsibility
- show ourselves in the best light
- be polite and courteous
- enjoy learning
- participate in all aspects of school life.
We publish our Student Code of Conduct on our website and in students’ planners and refer to it in our rewards and behaviour management systems.
Our school meals are provided by Hertfordshire Catering. In Hertfordshire we are extremely proud of our delicious meals and high quality ingredients which go into the food prepared.
A very high standard of uniform is expected at all times throughout the school day and on the way to and from school.
|Primary Uniform||Secondary Uniform|
Click here to see School Uniform Price List.
ParentPay is the web payment service that lets parents pay online by credit and debit card or in cash at PayPoint stores to schools and school suppliers.
Samuel Ryder App
We understand the importance of keeping you up to date with the very latest school news, events and information. In addition to the wealth of information available on this website, we've just launched a new mobile App, designed to keep you connected, wherever you are.
How the App benefits you:
- Stay Informed of urgent announcements, delivered instantly to your phone.
- Keep connected with recent news articles, photo galleries and social media.
- Check term dates, download events to your personal calendar and set helpful reminders.
- Instantly access the latest letters home and key information in our document zone.
- Visit school related third party websites direct from the App.
Easily contact the school using our useful enquiry form or quick contact buttons.
Download the App for free:
- Visit the App Store or Google Play and search for 'Cleverbox School Connect'.
- Once downloaded,you'll be prompted to enter our school name.
- To receive important information and announcements,opt in for push notifications.
- You're now ready to use the App.
SIMS Parent App
The new SIMS Parent App provides a convenient and accessible solution for the school to communicate with parents on all aspects of school life. The App will allow you to stay on top of your child’s progress by sharing information on attendance, homework, timetables, school reports and conduct.
If you are having any issues regarding Parent Pay, the Samuel Ryder App, or Sims Login, please use the following email contacts for assistance:
Parent Pay Log in requests:
Sims Log in Technical Assistance
There is one parents’ evening each year which gives you an opportunity to discuss your child’s progress with their teachers. Appointments are five minutes in length and are made for you by the admin team. Appointment times will then be sent home with your child.