Students at Samuel Ryder Academy benefit from excellent facilities and resources. The Academy’s younger students are primarily housed in brand new purpose-built accommodation which enables them to learn in bright, flexible surroundings designed to create the best possible learning environment.
At the same time, they are able to make use of the specialist facilities of the Academy’s secondary accommodation, such as the science labs, sports facilities, including our swimming pool, and numerous ICT suites. All students, but especially the older ones, benefit from the Academy’s existing excellent facilities and also recent developments.
- all secondary students having their own mobile Apple learning device
- a brand new Media Suite including a TV/Radio recording studio and workshop teaching space
- outstanding sports facilities including a high specification 3G pitch, a sports hall with purpose-built dance studio and gymnasium and an indoor swimming pool including changing rooms.
- six full-size, well-equipped science laboratories
- a library at the heart of the school, as a facility for all students including a flexible ICT suite; all classrooms have Apple TVs allowing the use of mobile technologies as an aid to teaching
- new workshop teaching spaces as well as industry-standard food technology classrooms in design technology
- the whole site being wireless networked.