Skills and Enterprise Week 25th - 29th JanuaryPosted on 22/01/2021
During National Skills and Enterprise week, we are encouraging all students to develop their skills by engaging with a set activity from Unifrog.org.
You will be aware that the school now subscribes to the Unifrog.org careers platform. This is a user-friendly platform offering a wealth of careers information. Students can search careers, university and apprenticeships all in one place. The activities, videos and tools support students to make informed decisions about their future choices. All secondary aged students and parents were sent an introductory letter with login details in November.
The platform has a number of excellent tools we would like to engage with over the following weeks. Each of the tasks will be sent to the students using their school email.
Year 7: Wellbeing - Being kind to yourself
Year 8 and Year 9: You are about to make important decisions about which subjects to take for GCSE
The GCSEs Choice, choices will help you research which GCSEs subjects support your career pathway. The Careers Library will help you identify which careers relate to your favourite school subjects. We are expecting all students to complete some research before making the next important decision in their educational pathway. Subject teacher will discuss subject choices in more detail during parents evening. The Year 8 and 9 options event will also support theses choices.
Year 10: Wellbeing - Recognising and managing stress and anxiety
Year 11: A level choices and BTEC options - Busting BTEC myths
Year 12: Goal setting
Unifrog is also offering a number of webinars for students and parents, these are found in the ‘Insights’ section, where you will find more details and a link to sign up:
- Leadership Development- Monday 25th January 16:30
- Digital Skills Development - Tuesday 26th January 16:30
- Problem Solving Skills Development- 27th January 16:30
- Entrepreneurship Skills- Thursday 28th January 16:30
- Meet the Russell Group hosted by Tim Bradshaw - Monday 1st February 16:30
- Communication and Presenting Skills Development - Tuesday 2nd February 16:30
Also, in the Insights section you will also find a number of past webinars.
- Nestle Academy - ‘Building Skills for the Future’ Virtual Careers Fair 11th February 2021.
We have registered for our students to be involved in the Nestle CV and personal Statements webinar. This involves interactive sessions for our students.
We have also been invited to offer you the following opportunities:
- Students: Nestlé will provide students with direct insight into the careers available through their ‘VFairs Event’ (details below). Please note that the event requires students to register, so please encourage them to do so via the following link: Nestlé Academy – Building Skills for the Future Virtual Careers Fair (vfairs.com)
- Parents/Carers/Teachers and Career Leads: WildHearts will be hosting a ‘live’ Apprenticeship Webinar on Thursday 4th Feb 12noon – 1pm, specifically for Parents and Carers, Teachers and Career Leads. Details will be sent to you shortly.
Nestlé ‘VFairs Event’ for Students
- Date: 11th February 2021
- Time: 10.00 – 16.00 (Virtual Fair) and 16.00 – 17.30 (Live Webinar)
- Year Group: Open to any student who is keen to find out about the different career routes.
Virtual Careers Fair
Explore, interact and get inspired at our virtual careers fair! We have a number of apprenticeships available for you to learn all about as you navigate through our virtual career booths. You will be able to chat with us throughout the day so we can answer any questions you may have an apprenticeships, our application process, Nestlé culture and more! Understand your options so that you can make a decision that is right for you and kickstart your career.
Virtual Live Webinar
Nestlé Academy would like to extend an invitation to join our first VFairs Webinar for National Apprenticeship Week. This is an opportunity to get to know the Nestlé Academy and, most importantly, our past and current apprentices. They will talk you through their personal career journeys and what being on scheme as an apprentice for Nestlé really means. Through the live Q&A you will gain insight into Nestlé culture, values and opportunities.
How to register?
To secure your place at the event, please follow the link: Nestlé Academy – Building Skills for the Future Virtual Careers Fair (vfairs.com) and click ‘Register Now.’
If you have questions relating to the opportunities please contact Careers@SamuelRyderAcademy.co.uk